London Marriott Grosvenor Square’s Scent The Leaf Spring
London Marriott Grosvenor Square’s Scent The Leaf Spring – A sunny morning in glorious outdoors with Juicy Orange, Mandarin and fresh Lemon along with pure Orange Blossom, Freesia and subtle Cedarwood and Musk with top notes of Juicy Orange, Fresh Lemon, Mandarin; mid notes of Orange Blossom, Lily of the Valley, Freesia; and base notes of Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Musk.
Ingredients: Orange, Orange Blossom, Lemon, Cedarwood, Freesia, Mandarin, Sandalwood, Lily of the Valley
London Marriott Grosvenor Square
Marriott Hotels & Resorts is Marriott International’s flagship brand of full-service hotels and resorts. The company, based in Bethesda, Maryland, is repeatedly included on the Forbes list of best companies to work for, and it was voted the fourth best company to work for in the UK by The Times in 2009. The Grosvenor House Hotel was built in the 1920s and opened in 1929 on the site of Grosvenor House, the former London residence of the Dukes of Westminster, whose family name is Grosvenor. The hotel owed its existence to Arthur Octavius Edwards, who conceived and built it, then presided over it as chairman for 10 years. Key to the story of the hotel was A.H. Jones, who had worked for Edwards in Doncaster. In January 1929, six months after the completion of the first block of apartments, and six months before completion of the hotel, Edwards brought Jones to Grosvenor House as accountant. In 1936, at the age of 29, Jones became general manager of Grosvenor House. Apart from the war years, when he served with the Royal Artillery and later in the NAAFI, Jones held this position until he retired in 1965. The hotel was not finally completed until the 1950s because Bruno, Baron Schröder, who had acquired the lease of 35, Park Street in about 1910, had refused to give it up to Edwards. Schröder remained in the house until his death in 1940, and permission to demolish the house was finally given in 1956. The house was replaced with a 92-bedroom extension, which was officially opened in 1957 by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Peter Thorneycroft.