Increase Employee Satisfaction and Workrate With an Office that Smells Energizing and Invigorating!
Scenting for Offices – Your guests and employees are going to smell your office – it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting offices include the following:
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Body odor
- Restroom odor
- Garbage odor
- Breakroom and food odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Professional Services Industry.
Scenting for offices is done for many reasons.
- A scented office is more professional and inviting.
- Increased productivity from employees because everyone has a better mood and is more comfortable, creative, collaborative, and focused in a great smelling office.
- Increased revenue from closing more deals and getting more referrals, by creating a better first impression and more rewarding experiences because your office smells great.
- Without scenting, your office design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting offices:
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to better meetings and customer engagement.
- Décor is not the first thing your guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in offices vs what they see, hear or touch.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates more time focused on tasks in an office.
- A national health club chain’s guests reported feeling more sustained natural highs from their workouts in scented facilities as opposed to unscented facilities, which indicates an opportunity for more energized meetings.
- The amount of money gambled in the scented slot machine areas of participating Las Vegas casinos was 45% greater than the dollars spent gambling in the unscented areas, which is another indicator of achieving more natural highs from closing deals.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in paying for professional services.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates an opportunity for higher productivity for office employees, and better memories for guests.
- Our sense of smell is the first to develop of all our senses. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully developed and functioning. It is our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the way offices smell.
Office Scenting Recommendations
- Mood Collection Focus
- Book Store
- Harrah’s Mandarin Zest
- Mandarin Oriental’s Green Bamboo
- Mood Collection Creativity
- Social House’s Bright Sunshine