Enhance Your Parishioner’s Experience with a Place of Worship that Smells Welcoming and Serene!
Scenting a Church/Place of Worship – Your guests and employees are going to smell your place of worship – it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting churches and other places of worship include the following:
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Stale air odor
- Body odor
- Garbage odor
- Food odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps churches and other places of worship.
Scenting for churches and other places of worship is done for many reasons.
- A scented place of worship is uplifting and embracing, and feels more socially safe.
- Deeper connection between spiritual leaders and guests.
- Increased loyalty and donations from converting more visitors into a consistent congregation by creating a better first impression with more meaningful and memorable visits because your place of worship smells like a reverent celebration of divine creation.
- Increased comfort for guests and productivity from volunteers and employees because everyone has a better mood in a great smelling place of worship.
- Without scenting, your design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for churches and other places of worship:
- Décor is not the first thing your guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in places of worship vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to a successful religious gathering.
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates a more attentive congregation with higher productivity for spiritual leaders, employees, and volunteers.
- A national health club chain’s guests reported feeling more sustained natural highs from their workouts in scented facilities as opposed to unscented facilities, which indicates a better environment for emotional highs.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates better memories and attendance for your congregation.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in making donations.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates happier memories for guests of scented places of worship.
- Our sense of smell is the first to develop of all our senses. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully developed and functioning. It is our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the way places of worship smell.
Church/Place of Worship Scenting Recommendations
- Monte Carlo’s Pomegranate and Sage
- Mood Collection Meditation
- Valley View’s Exotic Moods
- The W’s SLS
- Zen Temple