Common malodors that are solved by scenting apartment lobbies include the following:
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Food odor
- Garbage odor
- Gym odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Apartment Industry.
Scenting for apartment lobbies is done for many reasons.
- A scented apartment lobby feels more like a nice home and less like an institution.
- Increased revenue from converting more prospects into residences by creating a better first impression with more productive and memorable visits because your apartment lobby smells soft, clean and welcoming.
- Increased comfort for residences and productivity from employees because everyone has a better mood in a great smelling apartment lobby.
- Without scenting, your apartment lobby design and du00e9cor are incomplete and just doesnu2019t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for apartment lobbies:
- Decor is not the first thing your prospects, guests, and residences notice when they walk through your door it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in apartment lobbies vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to a successful apartment residency.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates better memories for apartment lobby guests.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in dealing with the expense of rent.
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates higher productivity for apartment lobby employees.
- A national health club chain’s guests reported feeling more sustained natural highs from their workouts in scented facilities as opposed to unscented facilities, which is an important consideration for apartment lobby gyms.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates happier memories for guests of scented apartment lobbies.
- Our sense of smell is the first to develop of all our senses. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully developed and functioning. It is our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the way apartment lobbies smell.
Apartment Lobby Scenting Recommendations
- M’s White Tea & Fig
- Caesars Palace The Empire
- Mandarin Oriental’s Green Bamboo
- Marriot Time Square’s Oceanic Breeze
- Mood Collection Comfort
- Ritz Carlton Waterfall