Common malodors that are solved by scenting apartment lobbies include the following:
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Food odor
- Garbage odor
- Gym odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Apartment Industry.
Scenting for apartment lobbies is done for many reasons:
- A scented apartment lobby feels more like a nice home and less like an institution.
- Increase revenue from resident converts and productive employees by creating a fresh smelling apartment lobby.
- create a better first impression and memorable visits because your apartment lobby smells soft, clean and welcoming.
- Increased comfort for residents and productivity from employees because everyone has a better mood in a great smelling apartment lobby.
- Without scenting, your apartment lobby design and decor are incomplete and furthermore, just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for apartment lobbies:
- Decor is not the first thing your prospects, guests, and residents notice when they walk through your door it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in apartment lobbies vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to a successful apartment residency.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers increased shopping times by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates better memories for apartment lobby guests.
- Nike participants paid 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in dealing with the expense of rent.
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates higher productivity for apartment lobby employees.
- A national health club chain’s guests reported feeling more sustained natural highs from their workouts in scented facilities.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates happier memories for guests of scented apartment lobbies.
- Smell is the first sense to develop of all our senses and is fully developed and functioning at birth.
- It is our most primitive of senses, contributing to our strong reaction to the way apartment lobbies smell.
Apartment Lobby Scenting Recommendations:
- M’s White Tea & Fig
- Caesars Palace The Empire
- Mandarin Oriental’s Green Bamboo
- Stations Casinos’ Pacific Breeze
- Mood Collection Comfort