Increase Customer Engagement and Satisfaction With a Dealership that Smells Inviting and Invigorating!
Scenting for Car Dealerships
Your guests and employees are going to smell your car dealership—it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting car dealerships include the following:
- Less desirable new-car odors such as certain plastics and rubber, fuel and oil
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Restroom odor
- Break area or kitchen odor
- Body odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Car Dealership Industry.
Scenting for car dealerships is done for many reasons:
- A scented car dealership is both sophisticated and defines its own new-car smell.
- Increased revenue from guests willing to stay longer, upgrade, and come back for service appointments, by creating a better first impression and more reassuring experience because your space smells confident and luxurious.
- Increased productivity from employees because everyone has a better mood and is more comfortable in a great smelling car dealership.
- Without scenting, your car dealership design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for car dealerships:
- Décor is not the first thing your guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in car dealerships vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to boosting confidence and decreasing anxiety in car dealerships.
- Nike participants paid 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area, which indicates more confidence in spending more for a car.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers increased shopping times by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, indicating longer guest stays
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates higher productivity for car dealership employees.
- At Manhattan’s Sloan-Kettering Hospital, the use of scent helped reduce stress related to claustrophobia 63% during MRI’s, indicating fewer exits by anxious customers.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates an opportunity for happier memories and higher return rates for customers.
Car Dealership Scenting Recommendations
- Country Club
- Book Store
- Cromwell’s Allure Noire
- Linq’s Linq A
- Mood Collection Happiness