Increase Customer Engagement and Satisfaction With a Dealership that Smells Inviting and Envigorating!
Scenting for Car Dealerships – Your guests and employees are going to smell your car dealership—it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting car dealerships include the following:
- Less desirable new-car odors such as certain plastics and rubber, fuel and oil
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Restroom odor
- Break area or kitchen odor
- Body odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Car Dealership Industry.
Scenting for car dealerships is done for many reasons.
- A scented car dealership is sophisticated and defines its own new-car smell.
- Increased revenue from guests willing to stay longer, upgrade, and come back for service appointments, by creating a better first impression and more reassuring experience because your car dealership smells confident and luxurious.
- Increased productivity from employees because everyone has a better mood and is more comfortable in a great smelling car dealership.
- Without scenting, your car dealership design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for car dealerships:
- Décor is not the first thing your guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in car dealerships vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to boosting confidence and decreasing anxiety in car dealerships.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in spending more for a car.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates longer visits and less trepidation about the process of buying a car.
- The amount of money gambled in the scented slot machine areas of participating Las Vegas casinos was 45% greater than the dollars spent gambling in the unscented areas, indicating higher close rates and more upgrades for car dealerships.
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates higher productivity for car dealership employees.
- At Manhattan’s Sloan-Kettering Hospital, the use of scent was shown to help reduce stress related to claustrophobia 63% during MRI’s, which indicates fewer “I’ll be back” exits by customers feeling anxiety about getting too close to a large purchase.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates an opportunity for happier memories and higher return rates for car dealership customers.
- Our sense of smell is the first to develop of all our senses. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully developed and functioning. It is our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the way car dealerships smell.
Car Dealership Scenting Recommendations
- Country Club
- Book Store
- Cromwell’s Allure Noir
- Linq’s Linq A
- Mood Collection Happiness
- Ritz Carlton Waterfall