Improve Sales and Customer Loyalty With a Restaurant that Smells Appetizing and Enticing!
Scenting for Restaurants – Your guests and employees are going to smell your restaurant – it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting restaurants include the following:
- Kitchen odor
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Garbage odor
- Restroom odor
- Food odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Restaurant Industry.
Scenting for restaurants is done for many reasons.
- A scented restaurant is more inviting and appetizing with a feeling of freshness, increasing appetite and insisting on dessert.
- Increased revenue from guests ordering more, coming back more often, and more referrals, by creating a better first impression and more immersive experience because your restaurant smells fresh and delicious.
- Increased socializing and check average among guests, and productivity from employees, because everyone has a better mood in a great smelling restaurant.
- Without scenting, your restaurant design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for restaurants:
- Décor is not the first thing your guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in restaurants vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to increasing appetites in restaurants.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in spending more in restaurants.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates more time for another round and higher return rates for restaurants.
- The amount of money gambled in the scented slot machine areas of participating Las Vegas casinos was 45% greater than the dollars spent gambling in the unscented areas, indicating a higher check rate in restaurants.
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates higher productivity for restaurant employees.
- A national health club chain’s guests reported feeling more sustained natural highs from their workouts in scented facilities as opposed to unscented facilities, another indicator for increased productivity from fast-paced restaurant employees.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates happier memories for guests of restaurants.
- Our sense of smell is the first to develop of all our senses. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully developed and functioning. It is our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the way restaurants smell.
Restaurant Scenting Recommendations
- Silverton’s Hot Apple Pie
- A Resort Scent Asian Garden
- A Resort Scent Blue Ice
- Coffee Shop
- Linq’s Linq A
- Monte Carlo’s Pomegranate and Sage