Increase Customer Length of Play and Engagement With a Casino Floor that Smells Lively and Invigorating!
Scenting for Casinos
Your guests and employees are going to smell your casino – it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting casinos include the following:
- Cigarette smoke
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Body odor
- Restroom odor
- Food odor
- Garbage odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Gaming Industry.
Scenting for casinos is done for many reasons:
- A scented casino is both more immersive and fun, with an optimistic and safe environment.
- Increased revenue from guests willing to stay longer, play more, and return more, by creating a better first impression and more engaging experience because your casino smells refreshing and luxurious.
- Increased productivity from employees because everyone has a better mood and is more comfortable in a great smelling casino.
- Without scenting, your casino design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for casinos:
- The amount of money gambled in the scented slot machine areas of participating Las Vegas casinos was 45% greater than the dollars spent gambling in the unscented areas.
- Décor is not the first thing your guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in casinos vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to boosting optimism and decreasing anxiety in casinos.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates longer visits and more time spent per game.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in gambling.
- A national health club chain’s guests reported feeling more sustained natural highs from their workouts in scented facilities as opposed to unscented facilities, another indicator for increased casino play.
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates higher productivity for casino employees.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates an opportunity for happier memories and higher return rates for casino customers.
Casino Scenting Recommendations
- Waterfall – Resorts Collection
- Harrah’s Mandarin Zest
- Attune – Resorts Scent
- SLS Fragrance
- Energy – Mood Collection
- Social House’s Bright Sunshine