Increase Student Retention and Engagement With an Office that Smells Energizing and Invigorating!
Scenting for Schools – Your guests and employees are going to smell your school—it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting schools include the following:
- Furniture and flooring odor
- Body odor
- Restroom odor
- Garbage odor
- Lunchroom and food odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Education Industry.
Scenting for schools is done for many reasons.
- A scented school is more welcoming and engaging.
- Increased achievement, social skills, and productivity from students and employees because everyone has a better mood and is more comfortable, creative, collaborative, and focused in a great smelling school.
- Increased attendance, by creating a better first impression and more rewarding experiences because your school smells great.
- Without scenting, your school design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for schools:
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to better collaboration and creativity.
- Décor is not the first thing your students, guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in schools vs what they see, hear or touch.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates more time focused on tasks in school.
- A national health club chain’s guests reported feeling more sustained natural highs from their workouts in scented facilities as opposed to unscented facilities, which indicates an opportunity for more energized learning.
- The amount of money gambled in the scented slot machine areas of participating Las Vegas casinos was 45% greater than the dollars spent gambling in the unscented areas, which is another indicator of achieving more natural highs from learning and play.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in paying for donations and tuition.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates an opportunity for higher productivity for students and employees, with better memories.
- Our sense of smell is the first to develop of all our senses. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully developed and functioning. It is our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the schools smell.
School Scenting Recommendations
- Book Store
- Eucalyptus Forest
- Linq’s Linq A
- Mood Collection Creativity
- Mood Collection Happiness
- Social House’s Bright Sunshine