Increases Sales and Customer Engagement and Awareness with a Store that Smells Tasty and Clean!
Scenting for Convenience Stores – Your guests and employees are going to smell your store—it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting convenience stores include the following:
- Merchandise odor
- Furniture and flooring odor
- Body odor
- Restroom odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Retail Industry.
Scenting for convenience stores is done for many reasons.
- A scented convenience store smells clean and well-maintained, with a fresh inventory.
- Increased revenue from guests willing to shop more, impulse buy, and return more often, by creating a better first impression and a more engaging experience because your convenience store smells clean and appetizing.
- Increased productivity from employees because everyone has a better mood and is more comfortable in a great smelling store.
- Without scenting, your store design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for convenience stores:
- Décor is not the first thing your guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas.
- The amount of money gambled in the scented slot machine areas of participating Las Vegas casinos was 45% greater than the dollars spent gambling in the unscented areas, indicating more impulse buys and upsells for convenience stores.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in stores vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is very helpful to boosting sales in convenience stores.
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates higher productivity for convenience store employees.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates an opportunity for happier memories and higher return rates for convenience store customers.
- Our sense of smell is the first to develop of all our senses. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully developed and functioning. It is our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the way convenience stores smell.
Convenience Store Scenting Recommendations
- Cosmopolitan’s Desert Breeze
- Eucalyptus Forest
- Mandarin Oriental’s Green Bamboo
- Mood Collection Confidence
- Vdara’s Green Fig
- Wine Vineyard