Increases Sales and Customer Engagement and Awareness with a Store that Smells Tasty and Clean!
Scenting for Convenience Stores – Your guests and employees are going to smell your store—it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting convenience stores include the following:
- Merchandise odor
- Furniture and flooring odor
- Body odor
- Restroom odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Retail Industry.
Scenting for convenience stores is done for many reasons:
- A scented convenience store smells clean and well-maintained, with a fresh inventory.
- Increased revenue from guests shopping more, impulse buying, and returning more often, by creating a better first impression.
- Increased productivity from employees because everyone has a better mood and is more comfortable in a great smelling store.
- Without scenting, your store design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting:
- Décor is not the first thing your guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers spent 25% less time shopping and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas.
- The amount of money gambled in the scented slot machine areas of participating Las Vegas casinos was 45% greater than the dollars unscented areas, indicating more impulse buys and upsells for convenience stores.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in stores vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is very helpful to boosting sales in convenience stores.
- A large call center’s company survey found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and relaxation, which indicates higher productivity for convenience store employees.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, which indicates an opportunity for happier memories and higher return rates for convenience store customers.
- Our sense of smell is out first and our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the way convenience stores smell.
Convenience Store Scenting Recommendations:
- Desert Breeze – Resorts Collection
- Eucalyptus Forest
- Green Bamboo – Resorts Collection
- Mood Collection Confidence
- Green Fig – Resorts Collection
- Wine Vineyard