Increase Your Guest’s Satisfaction with a Facility that Smells Clean and Inviting!
Scenting for Assisted Living – Your prospective and current residents, guests, and employees are going to smell your assisted living space – it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how your business smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting your space include the following:
- Biological issues like urine odor
- Medical odor
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Food odor
- Garbage odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Assisted Living Industry.
Scenting for Assisted Living is done for many reasons.
- A scented assisted living facility feels more like a nice home and less like an institution.
- Increased revenue from converting more prospects into residents by creating a better first impression with more productive and memorable visits because your assisted living home smells clean, peaceful, and happy.
- Increased productivity and patience from employees because everyone is more comfortable with a better mood in a great smelling assisted living facility.
- Without scenting, your Assisted Living design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for assisted living:
- Décor is not the first thing your prospects, guests, and residents notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell at assisted living homes vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to a successful assisted living residency.
- At Manhattan’s Sloan-Kettering Hospital, the use of scent was shown to help reduce stress related to claustrophobia 63% during MRI’s, which indicates lower stress for assisted living residences experiencing changes and treatments.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates better memories for assisted living guests.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in dealing with the expense of assisted living.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates happier memories for guests of scented assisted living homes.
- Our sense of smell is the first to develop of all our senses. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully developed and functioning. It is our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the way assisted living facilities smell.
Assisted Living Scenting Recommendations
- Lavender Garden
- Eucalyptus Forest
- Luxury Spa
- Mandarin Oriental’s Green Bamboo
- Mood Collection Wellness
- Vdara’s Green Fig