Increase Your Guest’s Satisfaction with a Facility that Smells Clean and Inviting!
Scenting for Assisted Living
Your prospective and current residents, guests, and employees are going to smell your assisted living space – it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how your business smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting your space include the following:
- Biological issues like urine odor
- Medical odor
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Food odor
- Garbage odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Assisted Living Industry.
Scenting for Assisted Living is done for many reasons:
- A scented facility feels more like a nice home and less like an institution.
- Increase your revenue and resident occupancy by creating a better first impression with more productive and memorable visits because your assisted living home smells clean, peaceful, and happy.
- Increased productivity and patience from employees because everyone is more comfortable, with a better mood, in a great smelling assisted living facility.
- Without scenting, your Assisted Living design and décor are incomplete.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for assisted living:
- Décor is not the first thing your prospects, guests, and residents notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell at assisted living homes vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to a successful assisted living residency.
- At Manhattan’s Sloan-Kettering Hospital, the use of scent helped reduce stress related to claustrophobia by 63% during MRI’s.
- In a study done by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, indicating happier memories for guests of scented assisted living homes.
Assisted Living Scenting Recommendations
- M’s White Tea & Fig
- Caesars Palace The Empire
- Mandarin Oriental’s Green Bamboo
- Station Casino’s Pacific Breeze
- Mood Collection Comfort