Enhance Your Member Retention and Satisfaction with a Gym that Smells Fresh and Clean!
Scenting for Gyms & Health Clubs
Your guests and employees are going to smell your gym – it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting gyms include the following:
- Body odor
- Equipment and floor odor
- Locker room odor
- Restroom odor
- Garbage odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Health Club Industry.
Scenting for gyms is done for many reasons:
- A scented gym is both more airy and clean, with healthy and high-octane environment.
- Increased revenue from converting more visitors to members, and getting more renewals, by creating a better first impression and more rewarding experiences because your gym smells clean and fresh.
- Increased productivity from employees and trainers because everyone has a better mood and is more comfortable in a great smelling gym.
- Without scenting, your gym design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for gyms:
- A national health club chain’s guests reported feeling more sustained natural highs from their workouts in scented gyms as opposed to unscented gyms.
- Décor is not the first thing your guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in gyms vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to better workouts in gyms.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates more fulfilling workouts in gyms.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in paying for gym memberships.
- A national health club chain’s guests reported feeling more sustained natural highs from their workouts in scented facilities as opposed to unscented facilities, another indicator for increased casino play.
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates higher productivity for gym employees and trainers.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates an opportunity for happier memories and higher return rates for gym customers.
Gyms and Health Clubs Scenting Recommendations
- Eucalyptus Forest
- Pink Grapefruit – Resorts Collection
- Harrah’s Mandarin Zest
- Mood Collection Energy
- Social House’s Bright Sunshine
- Mountain Summit