Enhance Your Client Experience and Satisfaction with a Spa that Smells Relaxing and Clean!
Scenting for Spas – Your guests and employees are going to smell your spa—it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting spas include the following:
- Treatment solutions odor
- Furniture and flooring odor
- Body odor
- Locker room odor
- Restroom odor
- Garbage odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Spa Industry.
Scenting for spas is done for many reasons.
- A scented spa is airy and clean, with healthy luxurious and pampering environment.
- Increased revenue from converting visitors to more treatments, and getting more referrals, by creating a better first impression and more immersive experiences because your spa smells like soothing happiness.
- Increased productivity from employees and therapists because everyone has a better mood and is more comfortable in a great smelling spa.
- Without scenting, your spa design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for spas:
- Décor is not the first thing your guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in spas vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing ambient scent, just like aromatherapy.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates more fulfilling spa visits.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in paying for treatments.
- At Manhattan’s Sloan-Kettering Hospital, the use of scent was shown to help reduce stress related to claustrophobia 63% during MRI’s.
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates higher productivity for spa employees and therapists.
- A national health club chain’s guests reported feeling more sustained natural highs from their workouts in scented gyms as opposed to unscented gyms.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates an opportunity for better memories and higher referral rates for spa customers.
- Our sense of smell is the first to develop of all our senses. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully developed and functioning. It is our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the way spas smell.
Spa Scenting Recommendations
- Luxury Spa
- Bellagio’s Blue Ice
- Langham’s Ginger Flower
- Lavender Garden
- Mood Collection Meditation
- Nobu’s Lemon Ginger